in the news ►
Vincent-Ruz Explores Secret Silos of Chemistry Research
in the news ►
Iriti and colleagues awarded NSF grant for diversity in STEM
in the news ►
LRDC newsletter: Self-Affirmation Scholars Meet at LRDC
CNBC Special Seminar
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Conference Room 1495 BST
Nicholas Betley, Assistant Professor, Department of biology, University of Pennsylvania, presents "A Neural Circuit that Suppresses Pain."
Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition (CNBC) Colloquium
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Location TBA
Rob Reinhart, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences, Boston University, presents "Synchronizing Brain Rhythms Rescues Working Memory in Older People."
► More Talks
10:00 am - 11:00 am, 4127 Sennott Square
Rebecca Reed presents "Reliability of Longitudinal and Repeated Measures Data: What, Why, and How."
- Ribner, A. (2020). Executive function facilitates learning from math instruction in kindergarten: Evidence from the ECLS-K. Learning and Instruction, 65.
- Leyva, D., Reese, E., Laible, D., Schaughency, E., Das, S., & Clifford, A. (2019). The art of elaboration: Differential links of parents’ elaboration to children’s autobiographical memory and socioemotional skills. Journal of Cognition and Development.
- McKeown, M. G. (2019). Effective vocabulary instruction fosters knowing words, using words, and understanding how words work. Language Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 50, 466–476.
- Wiener, S., Tokowicz, N. (2019). Language proficiency is only part of the story: Lexical access in heritage and non-heritage bilinguals. Second Language Research, 1-15.
- Rice, C.A. & Tokowicz, N. (2019). State of the scholarship: A review of laboratory studies of adult second language vocabulary training. Studies in Second Language Acquisition, 1-32.
- Wallace, T. L., Parr, A. K., & Correnti, R. J. (2019). Assessing teachers’ classroom management competency: A case study of the classroom assessment scoring system–secondary. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment.
- Kalender, Y., Marshman, E., Schunn, C., Nokes-Malach, T., & Singh, C. (2019). Gendered patterns in the construction of physics identity from motivational factors. Physical Review Physics Education Research.
- Nokes-Malach, T., Kalender, Y., Marshman, E., Schunn, C., & Singh, C. (2019). Prior preparation and motivational characteristics mediate relations between gender and learning outcomes in introductory physics. Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Pittsburgh.
- Russell, J. L., Correnti, R., Stein, M. K., Bill, V., Hannan, M., Schwartz, N., & Matthis, C. (2019). Learning from adaptation to support instructional improvement at scale: understanding coach adaptation in the TN mathematics coaching project. American Educational Research Journal.
- Henry, D., Miller, P., Votruba-Drzal, E., & Parr, A. (2019). Chapter nine- safe and sound? Exploring parents' perceptions of neighborhood safety at the nexus of race and socioeconomic status. Science Direct.
- Martin, K. I., & Tokowicz, N. (2019). The grammatical class effect is separable from the concreteness effect in language learning. Bilingualism: Language & Cognition .
- Afrin, T., & Litman, D. (2019). Identifying editor roles in argumentative writing from student revision histories. Springer Link.19
- Binning, K., Cook, J., Purdie-Greenaway, V., Garcia, J., Chen, S., Apfel, N., Sherman, D., Cohen, G. (2019). Bolstering trust and reducing discipline incidents at a diverse middle school: How self-affirmation affects behavioral conduct during the transition to adolescence. Trust, Discipline, and the Self.
- Matsumura, L. C., Correnti, R., Walsh, M., Zook-Howell, D., & Bickel, D.D. (2019). Online content-focused coaching to increase classroom text discussion quality. Journal of Technology, Pedagogy and Education.
- Miller, P., Votruba-Drzal, E., & Coley, R.L. (2019). Examining administrative data on community context to explain variability in poor children’s achievement across urbanicity. The Russell Sage Foundation Journal of the Social Sciences, 5, 106-122.
- Marsland, A., Gentile, D., Hinze-Crout, A., von Stauffenberg, C., Rosen, R., Tavares, A., Votruba-Drzal, E., Cohen, S., McQuaid, E., & Ewing, L. (2019). A randomized pilot trial of a school-based psychoeducational intervention for children with asthma. Clinical and Experimental Allergy.
- Heatly, M.C. & Votruba-Drzal, E. (2019). Developmental precursors of engagement and motivation in fifth grade: linkages with parent- and teacher-child relationships. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 60, 144 - 156.
- Amemiya, J. L., Fine, A., & Wang, M. T. (2019). Trust and discipline: Adolescents’ institutional and teacher trust predict their behavioral responses to discipline. Child Development, 10, 1-18.
- Elliott, L., Feigenson, L., Halberda, J., & Libertus, M. (2019). Bidirectional, longitudinal associations between math ability and approximate number system acuity in childhood. Journal of Cognition and Development, 20(1), 56-74.
- Leyva, D. (2019). How do low-income Chilean parents support their preschoolers’ writing and math skills in a grocery game? Early Education and Development, 30, 114-130.
- Leyva, D., Tamis-LeMonda, C., & Yoshikawa, H. (2019). What parents bring to the table: Maternal behaviors in a grocery game and first graders’ literacy and math skills in a low-income sample. The Elementary School Journal, 119, 629-650.
- Wei, R., Ronfard, S., Leyva, D., & Rowe, M. (2019). Teaching a novel word: Parenting styles and toddlers’ word learning. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology.
- Vincent-Ruz, P., & Schunn, C. (2019). Identity Complexes and Science Identity in Early Secondary: Mono-topical or in Combination with Other Topical Identities. Springer Link.
- Dorph, R., Cannady, M., & Schunn, C. (2019). What Drives Engagement in Exhibits? The Interaction between Visitor Activation Profiles and Exhibit Features. Curator the Museum Journal.
- Slusser, E., Ribner, A., & Shusterman, A. (2019). Language counts: Early language mediates the relationship between parent education and children's math ability. Developmental Science, 22(3), e12773.
Copyright 2015 Learning Research & Development Center | University of Pittsburgh | All rights reserved