in the news ►
Read the Latest IFL “Bridges to Learning” Article
in the news ►
Two LRDC Researchers Join the Mindset Scholars Network
in the news ►
Congratulations to the 2018 LRDC Undergraduate Research Interns
4:00 PM, BST 1495
Ben Kolber, Duquesne University, presents "Divergent Functions of Left and Right Amygdala."
12:00 PM, BST3 6014
Cirong Liu, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, presents "The NIH Marmoset Brain Atlas Project."
EIGA Poster Session
► More Talks
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, lobby by GHC 4405
Join the CMU Learning Science community for a poster session of individual projects from the graduate course on Educational Goals, Instruction, and Assessment.
- Anzellotti, S., & Coutanche, M. N. (2018). Beyond functional connectivity: Investigating networks of multivariate representations. Trends in Cognitive Sciences.
- Witherspoon, E., Schunn, C. D., Higashi, R., & Shoop, R. (2018). Attending to structural programming features predicts differences in learning and motivation. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 34(2).
- Fan, Q., Nummenmaa, A., Wichtmann, B. Witzel, T., Mekkaoui, C., Schneider, W., Wald, L. L., & Huang, S. Y. (2018). Validation of diffusion MRI estimates of compartment size and volume fraction in a biomimetic brain phantom using a human MRI scanner with 300 mT/m maximum gradient strength. NeuroImage.
- Tuninetti, A., & Tokowicz, N. (2018). The influence of a first language: Training nonnative listeners on voicing contrasts. Language, Cognition, and Neuroscience, 33(6), 750-768.
- Litman, D. J., & Nguyen, H. V. (2018). Argument mining for improving the automated scoring of persuasive essays. Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence.
- Ben-Eliyahu, A., Moore, D., Dorph, R., & Schunn, C. D. (2018). Investigating the multidimensionality of engagement: Affective, behavioral, and cognitive engagement across science activities and contexts. Contemporary Educational Psychology.
- Page, L. C., Iriti, J. E., Lowry, D. J., & Anthony, A. M. (2018). The promise of place-based investment in postsecondary access and success: Investigating the impact of the Pittsburgh Promise. Education Finance and Policy.
- Wang., E., Matsumura, L. C., & Correnti, R. (2018). Student writing accepted as high-quality analytic responses to analytic text-based writing tasks. The Elementary School Journal 118(3), 358-383.
- Derringer, C., & Rottman, B. (2018). How people learn about causal influence when there are many possible causes: A model based on informative transitions. Cognitive Psychology, 102, 41-71.
- Kinloch, V., & Dixon, K. (2018). Professional development as publicly engaged scholarship in urban schools: Implications for educational justice, equity, and humanization. English Education, 50(2), 147-171
- Richey, E. J., Nokes-Malach, T. J., & Cohen, K. (2018). Collaboration facilitates abstract category learning. Memory and Cognition, 46(5), 685-698.
- Bray, L. E., & Russell, J. L. (2018). The dynamic interaction between institutional pressures and activity: An examination of the implementation of IEPs in secondary inclusive settings. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis.
- Xiong, Y., & Suen, H. K. (2018). Assessment approaches in massive open online courses: Possibilities, challenges and future directions. International Review of Education.
- Wu, Z., & Juffs, A. (2018). Revisiting the revised hierarchical model: Evidence for concept mediation in backward translation. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition, 1-15.
- Liu, A. S., & Schunn, C. D. (2018). The effects of school-related and home-related optional science experiences on science attitudes and knowledge. Journal of Educational Psychology, 110(6), 798-810.
- Liu, R., Schunn, C. D., Fiez, J. A., & Libertus, M. E. (2018). The integration between nonsymbolic and symbolic numbers: Evidence from an EEG study. Brain and Behavior, 8(4).
- Schunn, C. D., Newcombe, N. S., Alfieri, L., Cromley, J. G., Massey, C., & Merlino, J. F. (2018). Using principles of cognitive science to improve science learning in middle school: What works when and for whom? Journal of Theoretical Social Psychology, 32(2), 225-240.
- Zheng, P., & Libertus, M. (2018). The role of parental education, household income, and race on parents' academic beliefs and the provision of home learning opportunities for 4- to 8-year-old children. Journal of Educational and Developmental Psychology, 8(1), 118-132.
- Milburn, E., Warren, T., & Walsh Dickey, M. (2018). Idiom comprehension in aphasia: Literal interference and abstract representation. Journal of Neurolinguistics, 47, 16-36.
- Smythe-Leistico, K., & Page, L. C. (2018). Connect-Text: Leveraging text-message communication to mitigate chronic absenteeism and improve parental engagement in the earliest years of schooling. Journal of Education for Students Placed at Risk.
- Amemiya, J., & Wang, M. T. (2018). Why effort praise can backfire in adolescence. Child Development Perspectives, 2(3), 199-203.
- Kontos, A. P., Collins, M. W., Holland, C. L., Reeves, V. L., Edelman, K., Benso, S., Schneider, W., & Okonkwo, D. (2018). Preliminary evidence for improvement in symptoms, cognitive, vestibular, and oculomotor outcomes following targeted intervention with chronic mTBI patients. Military Medicine, 183(1), 333-338.
- Cho, B-Y., Han, H., & Kucan, L. (2018) An exploratory study of middle-school-learners' historical reading in an internet environment. Reading and Writing.
- Morris, P., Connors, M., Friedman-Krauss, A., McCoy, D., Weiland, C., Feller, A., Page, L., Bloom, H., & Yoshikawa, H. (2018). New findings on impact variation from the Head Start Impact Study: Informing the scale-up of early childhood programs. AERA Open, 4(2), 1–16.
- Soo, K. W., & Rottman, B. M. (2018). Causal strength induction from time series data. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 147(4), 485-513.
Copyright 2015 Learning Research & Development Center | University of Pittsburgh | All rights reserved