in the news ►
LRDCers Research "Women in Premed Track"
in the news ►
Vincent-Ruz Explores Secret Silos of Chemistry Research
in the news ►
LRDC newsletter: New BRIDGE Center Established
Alumni Hall, Pitt
Center for Urban Education Summer Educator Forum (CUESEF)'s theme is "Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline: Re-imagining Policies, Practices, and Politics in Education Systems."
Graduate Program Recruiting Fair
11:30 am – 2:30 pm, Biomedical Science Tower, S100 & Lobby
The University of Pittsburgh Graduate Program Recruiting Fair on Monday, July 22, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Biomedical Science Tower is an opportunity to learn about graduate and professional programs here at Pitt, and to speak with representatives from individual programs about admissions and financial aid.
Creating and Distributing Basic Surveys Using Qualtrics
► More Talks
10:00 AM- 11:30 AM, Alumni Hall B-26
All Pitt faculty and staff have free unlimited access to Qualtrics, a tool for easily creating sophisticated, anonymous online surveys. These surveys can be used to collect information from your students, get anonymous feedback or evaluation, or for human subjects research.
More information here
- Colvin, M., Warren, T., & Dickey, M. W. (2019). Event knowledge and verb knowledge predict sensitivity to different aspects of semantic anomalies in aphasia. In K. Carlson, C. Clifton, Jr., J. Fodor (Eds), Grammatical approaches to language processing (pp. 241-259). Studies in Theoretical Psycholinguistics, vol 48. Springer, Cham.
- Gor, K., Chrabaszcz, A., and Cook, S. (2018). Early and late learners decompose inflected nouns, but can they tell which ones are inflected correctly? Journal of Second Language Studies, 1(1), 106-140. DOI: 10.1075/jsls.17021.gor
- Ghuman A.S.,& Fiez J.A. (2018). Parcellating the structure and function of the reading circuit [Comment]. Proceedings of the National Academies of Science, 115:10542-10544.
- Harms M.B., Shannon-Bowen K., Hanson J.L., & Pollak S.D. (2018). Atypical Instrumental Learning and Brain Activity in Physically Abused Adolescents. Developmental Science, 21 (4)
- Tremel J.J., Ortiz D.M., Fiez J.A. (2018). Manipulating memory efficacy affects the behavioral and neural profiles of deterministic decision-making. Neuropsychologia, 114:214-230.
- Braham, E. J., Libertus, M. E., & McCrink, K. (2018). Increasing children’s spontaneous focus on number through guided parent–child interactions in a children’s museum. Developmental Psychology, 54(8), 1492-1498.
- Lubold, N., Walker, E., Pon-Barry, H., Flores, Y., & Ogan, A. (2018). Using iterative design to create efficacy-building social experiences with a teachable robot. In Proceedings of the International Conference for the Learning Sciences (ICLS 2018). AR: 32%
- Frens, J., Walker, E., & Hsieh, G. (2018). Supporting answerers with feedback in social Q&A. In Proceedings of the Fifth Annual ACM Conference on Learning at Scale (p. 10). ACM.
- Lubold, N., Walker, E., Pon-Barry, H., & Ogan, A. (2018). Automated pitch convergence improves learning in a social, teachable robot for middle school mathematics. In International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (pp. 282-296). Springer, Cham. AR: 25%
- Walker, E., Wylie, R., Danielescu, A., Rodriguez III, J. P., & Finn, E. (2018). Balancing student needs and learning theory in a social interactive postdigital textbook. In End-User Considerations in Educational Technology Design (pp. 141-159). IGI Global.
- Zepeda, C. D., Hlutkowsky, C. O., Partika, A. C., & Nokes-Malach, T. J. (2018). Identifying teachers’ supports of metacognition through classroom talk and its relation to growth in conceptual learning. Journal of Educational Psychology. Advance online publication. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/edu0000300
- Lipski W. J., Alhourani A., Pirnia T., Jones P. W., Dastolfo-Hromack C., Helous L. B., Crammond D. J., Sahiman S., Dickey M. W., Holt L. L, Fiez J. A., Turner R. S., & Richardson R. M. (2018). Subthalamic nucleus neurons differentially encode early and late aspects of speech production. Journal of Neuroscience, 38(24), 5620-5631.
- Hosseini, R., Akhuseyinoglu, K., Petersen, A., Schunn, C. D., & Brusilovsky, P. (2018). PCEX: Interactive program construction examples for learning programming. In 18th Koli Calling International Conference on Computing Education Research (Koli Calling ’18), November 22–25, 2018, Koli, Finland. ACM, New York, NY, USA, 9 pages.
- Vincent-Ruz, P. & Schunn, C. D. (2018). The nature of science identity and its role as the driver of student choices. International Journal of STEM Education, 5(48), 1-12.
- Marshman, E. M., Kalender, Z. Y., Nokes-Malach, T., Schunn, C. & Singh, C. (2018). Female students with A’s have similar physics self-efficacy as male students with C’s in introductory courses: A cause for alarm? Physical Review Physics Education Research, 14(2).
- Harašta, J., Šavelka, J., Kasl, F., Kotková, A., Loutocký, P., Míšek, J., Procházková, D., Pullmannová, H., Semenišín, P., Šejnová, T. and Šimková, N., (2018). Annotated corpus of Czech case Law for reference recognition tasks. In International Workshop on Temporal, Spatial, and Spatio-Temporal Data Mining (pp. 239-250). Springer, Cham.
- Savelka, J., & Ashley, K. D. (2018). Segmenting U.S. court decisions into functional and issue specific parts. Proceedings of JURIX 2018. Groningen, The Netherlands.
- Lugini, L. & Litman, D. (2018). Argument component classification for classroom discussions. Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Argument Mining, (pp. 57–67). Brussels, Belgium.
- Braham, E., Elliot, L., & Libertus, M. E. (2018). Using hierarchical linear models to examine approximate number system acuity: The role of task parameters and participant characteristics. Frontiers in Psychology, 9, 2081
- Aviña, G. E., Schunn, C. D., Silva, A. R., Baur, T. L., Crabtree, G. W., Johnson, C. M., Odumosu, T., Picraux, S. T., Sawyer, R. K., Schneider, R. P., Sun, R., Feist, G. J., Narayanamurti, V., & Tsao, J. Y. (2018). The art of research A divergent/convergent thinking framework and opportunities for science-based approaches. In E. Subrahmanian, T. Odumosu, & J. Y. Tsao (Eds). Engineering A Better Future (pp. 167-186). Switzerland, Cham: Springer Nature Switzerland AG.
- Coutanche, M. N. & Paulus, J. P. (2018). An empirical analysis of popular press claims regarding linguistic change in President Donald J. Trump. Frontiers in Psychology, 9.
- Wilde, E., Provenzale, J., Taylor, B., Boss, M., Zuccolotto, A., Hachey, R., Pathak, S., Tate, D., Ablidskov., Schneider, W. (2018). Assessment of quantitative magnetic resonance imaging metrics in the brain through the use of a novel phantom. Brain Injury, 32(10), 1265-1275.
- Amemiya, J. L., & Wang, M. T. (2018). African American adolescents’ gender and perceived school climate moderate how academic coping relates to achievement. Journal of School Psychology, 69, 127-142.
- Hentges, R. F., Shaw, D. S., & Wang, M. T. (2018). Early childhood parenting and child impulsivity as precursors to risky and problematic behaviors in adolescence and early adulthood. Development and Psychopathology, 30(4), 1305-1319.
Copyright 2015 Learning Research & Development Center | University of Pittsburgh | All rights reserved