in the news ►
in the news ►
The Need to Combat a False Growth Mindset
in the news ►
How A Facebook Post Sparked an Anti-racist Book Drive
Social Area Brown Bag
11:00 AM; Online
Hilary Bergsieker, University of Waterloo, presents "Rewards of Risky Interdependence for Increasing Interracial Trust."
Teaching, Learning, and Leading Annual Faculty Colloquium #1 - Critical Language Pedagogy
12:00 PM - 1:15 PM; Online
Amanda Godley, Pitt Vice Provost for Graduate Studies and SOE Professor, and Jeffrey Reaser, Professor, Department of English, North Carolina State University, host a discussion on their book "Critical Language Pedagogy: Interrogating Language, Dialects, and Power in Teacher Education."
► More Talks
12:00 PM; Online
Anita Delahay presents "Quantitative Skills Across-the-Curriculum & Covid's Impact on Liberal Arts Institutions: Observations from a Field-Based Experience."
- Leyva, D., Von Suchodoletz, A., Doering, E., Shroff, D., Hinojo, A., & Kartner, J. (2021). Maternal book-sharing styles and goals and children’s verbal contributions in three communities. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 54, 228-238.
- Betancur, L., Maldonado-Carreno, C., Votruba-Drzal, E., & Bernal. R. (2021). "Measuring preschool quality in low- and middle-income countries: Validity of the ECERS-R in Colombia."Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 54, 86-98.
- Morett, L. M., Roche, J. M., Fraundorf, S. H., & McPartland, J. C. (2020). Contrast is in the eye of the beholder: Infelicitous beat gesture increases cognitive load during online spoken discourse comprehension.Cognitive Science, e12912.
- Correnti, R., Matsumura, L.C., Wang, E., Litman, D., Rahimi, Z., & Kisa, Z. (2020). Automated Scoring of Students Use of Text Evidence in Writing. Reading Research Quarterly, 55(3).
- Kruzik, C., Coley, R.L., & Votruba-Drzal, E. (2020). Do family investments explain growing socioeconomic disparities in children’s reading, math, and science achievement during school versus summer months. Journal of Educational Psychology.
- Henry, D. A., Betancur, L. & Votruba-Drzal, E. (2020). Black-White Achievement Gaps Differ by Family Socioeconomic Status from Early Childhood through Adolescence. Journal of Educational Psychology.
- Yurekli, B., Stein, M., Correnti, R., & Kisa, Z. (2020). Teaching Mathematics for Conceptual Understanding: Teachers' Beliefs and Practices and the Role of Constraints. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 51(2), 234-247.
- Kalender, Z. Y., Marshman, E., Schunn, C. D., Nokes-Malach, T. J., & Singh, C. (2020). Damage caused by women's lower self-efficacy on physics learning. Physical Review Physics Education Research.
- Galey, J. L., Eagle, S. R., Blaney, N. A., Holland, C. L., Bitzer, H. B., Schneider, W., et. al. (2020). Effect of patient compliance with treatment recommendations on clinical outcomes in chronic mTBI: A TEAM-TBI study. Military Medicine.
- Miele, D.B., Nokes-Malach, T. J., & May, S. (2020). Motivation and the processing of multiple inputs. In P. V. Meter, A. List, D. Lombardi, & P. Kendeou (Eds.), Handbook of Learning from Multiple Representations and Perspectives. Rutledge.
- Guan, C. Q., Fraundorf, S. H., & Perfetti, C, A. (2020). Character and child factors contribute to character recognition development among good and poor Chinese readers from grade 1 to 6. Annals of Dyslexia.
- Chen, G., Zhang, J., Chan, C.K., Michaels, S., Resnick, L.B., & Huang, X. (2020). The link between student-perceived teacher talk and student enjoyment, anxiety and discursive engagement in the classroom. British Educational Research Journal.
- Afflerbach, P., Hurt, M., & Cho, B. (2020). Reading Comprehension Strategy Instruction. In Handbook of Strategies and Strategic Processing. Routledge.
- Cho, B., Kucan, L., & Rainey, E. (2020). Students' Perspectives Learning in a Disciplinary Multisource Task Environment. In Handbook of Learning from Multiple Representations and Perspectives. Routledge Taylor and Francis Group.
- Cho, B., Woodward, L., & Afflerbach, P. (2020). Qualitative Approaches to the Verbal Protocol Analysis of Strategic Processing. In Handbook of Strategies and Strategic Processing. Routledge.
- Rottman, B.M., Wyatt, G., Crane, T.E. & Sikorskii. (2020). Expectancy and utilisation of reflexology among women with advanced breast cancer. Applied Psychology: Health and Well-Being.
- Guan, C. Q., & Fraundorf, S. H. (2020). Cross-linguistic word recognition development among Chinese children: A multilevel linear mixed-effects modeling approach. Frontiers in Psychology, 11, 544.
- Vincent-Ruz, P., Meyer, T., Roe, S.G. & Schunn, C.D. (2020). Short-Term and Long-Term Effects of POGIL in a Large-Enrollment General Chemistry Course. Journal of Chemical Education.
- Bodnar, K., Hofkens, T.L., Wang, M. & Schunn, C.D. (2020). Science identity predicts science career aspiration across gender and race, but especially for white boys. International Journal of Gender, Science and Technology, 12(1), 32-45.
- Albert, W.D., Hanson, J.L., Skinner, A.T., Dodge, K.A., Steinberg, L., Deater-Deckard, K., Bornstein, M.H.,& Lansford, J.E. (2020). Individual differences in executive function partially explain the socioeconomic gradient in middle-school academic achievement. Developmental Science.
- Juffs, A. (2020). Aspects of Language Development in an Intensive English Program. Routledge.
- Yazgan, I., Hanson, J. L., Bates, J. E., Lansford, J. E., Pettit, G. S., & Dodge, K. A. (2020). Cumulative early childhood adversity and later antisocial behavior: The mediating role of passive avoidance. Development and Psychopathology.
- Bhide, A., Ortega-Llebaria, M., Fraundorf, S.H., & Perfetti, C.A. (2020). The contribution of orthographic input, phonological skills, and rise time discrimination to the learning of non-native phonemic contrasts. Applied Psycholinguistics.
- Olshefski, C., Lugini, L., Singh, R., Litman, D., & Godley, A. (2020). The discussion tracker corpus of collaborative argumentation.
- Tekkumru-Kisa, M., Stein, M.K. & Doyle, W. (2020). Theory and research on tasks revisited: Task as a context for students' thinking in the era of ambitious reforms in mathematics and science. Educational Researcher.
Copyright 2015 Learning Research & Development Center | University of Pittsburgh | All rights reserved