in the news ►
Jamie Hanson quoted in January 14 Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
in the news ►
Julie Fiez quoted in January 30 Scientific American
in the news ►
Female Students Self-efficacy in Physics
dB-SERC Lunch Discussion
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM, 321 Allen Hall
David Nero, Department of Physics and Astronomy, discusses the implementation of his project, “Expanding the Physics Exploration Center with Virtual Experiments,” for which he received a dB-SERC course transformation award. Register here.
Open House: Eberly/TEL Center Instrumented Classrooms
4:30 PM - 5:30 PM, 1308 New Tepper Building, CMU
Come visit CMU's Instrumented Classrooms, and learn about their features for active learning, flexible teaching, in vivo research, and multimodal data collection.
Cognitive Brown Bag Series
► More Talks
LRDC 9th Floor, noon - 1:00 pm
Anna Chrabaszcz, LRDC Post Doctoral Fellow, presents "What Brain Oscillations Can Tell us about Subcortical Involvement in Speech Production."
- Colvin, M., Warren, T., & Dickey, M. W. (2019). Event knowledge and verb knowledge predict sensitivity to different aspects of semantic anomalies in aphasia. In K. Carlson, C. Clifton, Jr., J. Fodor (Eds), Grammatical approaches to language processing (pp. 241-259). Studies in Theoretical Psycholinguistics, vol 48. Springer, Cham.
- Lubold, N., Walker, E., Pon-Barry, H., Flores, Y., & Ogan, A. (2018). Using iterative design to create efficacy-building social experiences with a teachable robot. In Proceedings of the International Conference for the Learning Sciences (ICLS 2018). AR: 32%
- Frens, J., Walker, E., & Hsieh, G. (2018). Supporting answerers with feedback in social Q&A. In Proceedings of the Fifth Annual ACM Conference on Learning at Scale (p. 10). ACM.
- Lubold, N., Walker, E., Pon-Barry, H., & Ogan, A. (2018). Automated pitch convergence improves learning in a social, teachable robot for middle school mathematics. In International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (pp. 282-296). Springer, Cham. AR: 25%
- Walker, E., Wylie, R., Danielescu, A., Rodriguez III, J. P., & Finn, E. (2018). Balancing student needs and learning theory in a social interactive postdigital textbook. In End-User Considerations in Educational Technology Design (pp. 141-159). IGI Global.
- Degol, J. L., Wang, M. T., Zhang, Y., & Allerton, J. (2018). Do growth mindsets in math benefit females? Identifying pathways between gender, mindset, and motivation. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 47(5), 976-990.
- Tokowicz, N. (2018). The critical roles of errors and individual differences in bilingual translation. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition, 21(4).
- Meigh, K., Shaiman, S., Tompkins, C., Verdolini Abbott, K., & Nokes-Malach, T. (2018). What memory representation is acquired during nonword speech production learning? The influence of stimulus features and training modality on nonword encoding. Cogent Psychology, 5, 1-24.
- James, A., Fraundorf, S., Lee, E., & Watson, D. (2018). Individual differences in syntactic processing: Is there evidence for reader-text interactions? Journal of Memory and Language, 102, 155-181.
- Schunn, C. et al. (2018). Adaptability of the US Engineering and Technical Workforce: Proceedings of a Workshop. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.
- Kersey, A., Braham, E., Csumsitta, K., Libertus, M., & Cantlon, J. (2018). No intrinsic gender differences in children's earliest numerical abilities. Science of Learning, 3(12).
- Luo, W., Liu, F., Liu, Z., & Litman, D. (2018). A novel ILP framework for summarizing content with high lexical variety. Natural Language Engineering, 1-32.
- Helder, A., Perfetti, C. A., van den Broek, P., Stafura, J. Z., & Calloway, R. C. (2018). ERP indicators of local and global text influences on word-to-text integration. Language, Cognition and Neuroscience, 33(8).
- Rahimi, Z., Litman, D., & Paletz, S. (2018). Acoustic-prosodic entrainment in multi-party spoken dialogues: Does simple averaging extend existing pair measures properly? Advanced Social Interaction with Agents: 8th International Workshop on Spoken Dialog Systems, 510, 169 – 177.
- Song, K., & Cho, B-Y. (2018). Exploring bilingual adolescents' translanguaging strategies during online reading. International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, 21(5).
- Mandala, M., Schunn, C., Dow, S., Goldberg, M., & Pearlman, J. (2018). Uncovering the practices, challenges, and incentives for engineering design faculty. International Journal of Engineering Education, 34(4), 1314–1324.
- Dorph, R., & Schunn, C. D. (2018). Positioning youth for persistent success in jewish learning and living. Activating jewish learners. (pp. 8-24). Retrieved from http://www.lrdc.pitt.edu/schunn/papers/DorphSchunn-JLA-2018.pdf
- Coutanche, M. N. & Koch, G. E. (2018). Creatures great and small: Real-world size of animals predicts visual cortex representations beyond taxonomic category. NeuroImage, 183, 627-634.
- Schneider, W. et al. (2018). A preliminary high-definition fiber tracking study of the executive control network in blast-induced traumatic brain injury. Journal of Neurotrauma.
- Schneider, W. et al. (2018). Improvement in sleep disturbances after targeted intervention in chronic traumatic brain injury: A Team-TBI study. The 3rd Joint Symposium of the International and National Neurotrauma Societies and AANS/CNS Section on Neurotrauma and Critical Care. pp. A-80. Toronto, Canada.
- Baikadi, A., Demmans Epp, C., & Schunn, C. (2018). Participating by activity or by week in MOOCs. Information and Learning Science.
- Meuris, J. & Leana, C. (2018). The price of financial precarity: Organizational costs of employee financial concerns. Organization Science, 29(3), 398-417.
- Leana, C., Meuris, J. & Lamberton, C. (2018). More than a feeling: The role of empathetic care in promoting patient safety and worker attachment in healthcare. Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 71(2), 394-425.
- Stiehl, E., Kossek & Leana, C. (2018). A multi-level model of care flow: Examining the generation and spread of care in organizations. Organizational Psychology Review, 8(1), 31-69.
- Heyd-Metzuyanim, E., Smith, M., Bill, V., & Resnick, L. B. (2018). From ritual to explorative participation in discourse-rich instructional practices: A case study of teacher learning through professional development. Educational Studies in Mathematics, 99, 1-17.
Copyright 2015 Learning Research & Development Center | University of Pittsburgh | All rights reserved