in the news ►
Lindsay Page’s TEDx talk "Proactively Supporting Students To and Through College."
in the news ►
Congratulations to the 2018 LRDC Undergraduate Research Interns
in the news ►
IWALS 2018: Registration Now Open
Pitt Psychiatry Special Guest Speaker
9:00 - 10:00 am, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Room N-277
Christos Constantinidis, Professor of Neurobiology and Anatomy at the Wake Forest School of Medicine, presents "Neurophysiology of Working Memory: Development and Plasticity."
Learnlab PIER-REU Student Presentations
10:00 - Noon, Gates Hillman Center, room 7501, CMU
Please join Learnlab on July 23rd for end-of summer presentations by the PIER-REU students.
University of Pittsburgh
► More Talks
First Day of Fall Classes
- Simons, A., & Warren, T. (2018). A closer look at strengthened readings of scalars. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 71, 272-279.
- Libertus, M. E., Feigenson, L. & Halberda, J. (2018). Infants extract frequency distributions from variable approximate numerical information. Infancy, 23(1), 29-44.
- Ben-Eliyahu, A., Moore, D. Dorph, R., & Schunn, C. D. (2018). Investigating the multidimensionality of engagement: Affective, behavioral, and cognitive engagement across science activities and contexts. Contemporary Educational Psychology.
- Witherspoon, E., Schunn, C. D., Higashi, R., & Shoop, R. (2018). Attending to structural programming features predicts differences in learning and motivation. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 34(2).
- Fan, Q., Nummenmaa, A., Wichtmann, B. Witzel, T., Mekkaoui, C., Schneider, W., Wald, L. L., & Huang, S. Y. (2018). Validation of diffusion MRI estimates of compartment size and volume fraction in a biomimetic brain phantom using a human MRI scanner with 300 mT/m maximum gradient strength. NeuroImage.
- Tuninetti, A., & Tokowicz, N. (2018). The influence of a first language: Training nonnative listeners on voicing contrasts. Language, Cognition, and Neuroscience.
- Litman, D. J., & Nguyen, H. V. (2018). Argument mining for improving the automated scoring of persuasive essays. Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence.
- Ben-Eliyahu, A., Moore, D., Dorph, R., & Schunn, C. D. (2018). Investigating the multidimensionality of engagement: Affective, behavioral, and cognitive engagement across science activities and contexts. Contemporary Educational Psychology.
- Page, L. C., Iriti, J. E., Lowry, D. J., & Anthony, A. M. (2018). The promise of place-based investment in postsecondary access and success: Investigating the impact of the Pittsburgh Promise. Education Finance and Policy.
- Matsumura, L. C., & Correnti, R. (2018). Student writing accepted as high-quality analytic responses to analytic text-base writing tasks. The Elementary School Journal.
- Derringer, C., & Rottman, B. (2018). How people learn about causal influence when there are many possible causes: A model based on informative transitions. Cognitive Psychology.
- Kinloch, V., & Dixon, K. (2018). Professional development as publicly engaged scholarship in urban schools: Implications for educational justice, equity, and humanization. English Education, 50(2), 147-171
- Cho, B-Y., Han, H., & Kucan, L. (2018) An exploratory study of middle-school-learners' historical reading in an internet environment. Reading and Writing.
- Morris, P., Connors, M., Friedman-Krauss, A., McCoy, D., Weiland, C., Feller, A., Page, L., Bloom, H., & Yoshikawa, H. (2018). New findings on impact variation from the Head Start Impact Study: Informing the scale-up of early childhood programs. AERA Open, 4(2), 1–16.
- Soo, K. W., & Rottman, B. M. (2018). Causal Strength Induction from Time Series Data. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 147(4), 485-513.
- Soo, K. W., & Rottman, B. M. (2018). Switch Rates Do Not Influence Weighting of Rare Events in Decisions from Experience, but Optional Stopping Does. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making.
- Tseng, A. M, Doppelt, M. C., & Tokowicz, N. (2018). The effects of transliterations, thematic organization, and working memory on adult L2 vocabulary learning. Journal of Second Language Studies, 1(1), 141-165.
- Byrnes, J.P., Miller-Cotto, D., & Wang, A. (2018). Children as mediators of their own cognitive development: the case of learning science in kindergarten and first grade. Journal of Cognition and Development.
- McKeown, M., Crosson, A.C., Moore, D. & Beck, I. (2018). Word Knowledge and Comprehension Effects of an Academic Vocabulary Intervention for Middle School Students. American Educational Research Journal (OnlineFirst).
- Mountz, J., Minhas, D., Laymon, C., Beers, S., Puccio, A., Edelman, K., Sharpless, J., Lopresti B., Puffer, R., Schneider, W., Mathis, C., & Okonkwo, D. (2018). Comparison of [18F]AV-1451 PET with HDFT in chronic TBI subjects. The Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 59(1643).
- Li, H., & Xiong, Y. (2018). The relationship between test preparation and state test performance: Evidence from the measure of effective teaching (MET) project. Education Policy Analysis Archives, 26 (64).
- Galla, B. M., Amemiya, J., & Wang, M.-T. (2018). Using expectancy-value theory to understand academic self-control. Learning and Instruction, 58, 22-33.
- Wang, J., Libertus, M., & Feigenson, L. (2018) Hysteresis-induced changes in preverbal infants’ approximate number precision. Cognitive Development, 47, 107-116.
- Emily Braham has received the "IWALS 2018 Emerging Scholar Best Poster Award" at the IWALS 2018 Final Session on June 8th, 2018.
- McKeown, M., Crosson, A.C., Moore, D. & Beck, I. (2018). Word knowledge and comprehension effects of an academic vocabulary intervention for middle school students. American Educational Research, 55(3), 572-616.
Copyright 2015 Learning Research & Development Center | University of Pittsburgh | All rights reserved