in the news ►
Paulette Vincent-Ruz and Chris Schunn in Hechinger Report on Critical Thinking in Science
in the news ►
Diane Litman and Amanda Godley featured in PittWire "What Will the 2020s Bring for AI?"
in the news ►
Lindsay Page's Research Highlighted in Chalkbeat Article on College Persistence
dB-SERC Lunch Discussion
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm, 321 Allen Hall
Kirill Kiselyov, Department of Biological Sciences, introduces new course transformations for BIOSC 1500, Cell Biology.
CNBC Philosophy Colloquium
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm, Baker Hall A53
Ulrik Buchholtz presents "What Rests on what, Homotopically?"
CNBC Brain Bag
► More Talks
6:00 pm, Mellon Institute Social Room, CMU
Nicole McClain, graduate student, presents.
- Ribner, A. (2020). Executive function facilitates learning from math instruction in kindergarten: Evidence from the ECLS-K. Learning and Instruction, 65.
- Soo, K., & Rottman, B. (2020). Distinguishing causation and correlation: Causal learning from time-series graphs with trends. Cognition.
- Walsh, M., Matsumura, L.C., Zook-Howell, D., Correnti, R., & Bickel, D.D. (2020). Video-based literacy coaching to develop teachers' professional vision for dialogic classroom text discussions.
Teaching and Teacher Education, 89.
- Galla, B. M., Tsukayama, E., Park, D., Yu, A., & Duckworth, A. L. (2020). The mindful adolescent: Developmental changes in nonreactivity to inner experiences and its association with emotional well-being. Developmental Psychology, 56(2), 350-363.
- McHarg, G., Ribner, A., Devine, R., Hughes, C. & the New Fathers and Mothers Study Team. (2020). Exposure to screen-based media in infancy negatively affects executive functioning in toddlerhood: A propensity score study. Infancy.
- Binning, K.R., Wang, M. & Amemiya, J. (2019). Persistence mindset among adolescents: Who benefits from the message that academic struggles are normal and temporary? Journal of Youth and Adolescence.
- Westermann, H., Savelka, J., Walker, V. R. & Ashley, K. D. (2019). Computer-Assisted Creation of Boolean Search Rules for Text Classification in the Legal Domain. JURIX 2019 Proceedings (pp. 123-132).
- Schunn, C. & Wu, Y. (2019). The learning science of multi-peer feedback for EFL students.
- Witherspoon, E., & Schunn, C. (2019). Locating and understanding the largest gender difference in pathways to science degrees. Wiley Science Education.
- Elliott, L., Bachman, H. J., & Henry, D. (2019). Why and how do parents promote math learning with their young children: A mixed-methods investigation. Parenting: Science and Practice.
- Leyva, D., Reese, E., Laible, D., Schaughency, E., Das, S., & Clifford, A. (2019). The art of elaboration: Differential links of parents’ elaboration to children’s autobiographical memory and socioemotional skills. Journal of Cognition and Development.
- McKeown, M. G. (2019). Effective vocabulary instruction fosters knowing words, using words, and understanding how words work. Language Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 50, 466–476.
- Wiener, S., Tokowicz, N. (2019). Language proficiency is only part of the story: Lexical access in heritage and non-heritage bilinguals. Second Language Research, 1-15.
- Del Toro, J. & Hughes, D. (2019). Trajectories of discrimination across the college years: Associations with academic, psychological, and physical adjustment outcomes. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 1-18.
- Page, L.C., Castleman, B.L., & Meyer, M., (2019). Customized nudging to improve FAFSA completion and income verification.
Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, 20(10), 1-19.
- Kalender, Y., Marshman, E., Schunn, C., Nokes-Malach, T., & Singh, C. (2019). Why female science, technology, engineering, and mathematics majors do not identify with physics: They do not think others see them that way. Physical Review Physics Education Research.
- Correnti, R., Matsumura, L.C., Wang, E., Litman, D., Rahimi, Z., & Kisa, Z. (2019). Automated scoring of students' use of text evidence in writing. International Literacy Association.
- Wu, Y. & Schunn, C.D. (2019). From feedback to revisions: Effects of feedback features and perceptions. Contemporary Educational Psychology.
- Rice, C.A. & Tokowicz, N. (2019). State of the scholarship: A review of laboratory studies of adult second language vocabulary training. Studies in Second Language Acquisition, 1-32.
- Quintana, R. & Correnti, R. (2019). The concept of academic mobility: Normative and methodological considerations. American Educational Research Journal, 20(10), 1-40.
- Cannady, M.A., Vincent-Ruz, P., Chung, J.M., & Schunn, C.D. (2019). Scientific sensemaking supports science content learning across disciplines and instructional contexts. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 59, 1-15.
- Starns, J. J., Catalado, A. M., Rotello, C. M., …, Fraundorf, S. H., … (2019). Assessing theoretical conclusions with blinded inference to investigate a potential inference crisis. Advances in Methods and Practices in Psychological Science. 1-15.
- Starns, J. J., Catalado, A. M., Rotello, C. M., …, Fraundorf, S. H., … (2019). Assessing theoretical conclusions with blinded inference to investigate a potential inference crisis. Advances in Methods and Practices in Psychological Sciences.
- Okonkwo, D.O., Puffer, R.C., Minhas, D.S., Beers, S.R., Edelman, K.L., Sharpless, J., Laymon, C.M., Lopresti, B.J., Benso, S., Puccio, A.M., Pathak, S., Ikonomovic, M.D., Mettenburg, J.M., Schneider, W., Mathis, C.A., Mountz, J.M. (2019). [18F]FDG, [11C]PiB, and [18F]AV-1451 PET imaging of neurodegeneration in two subjects with a history of repetitive trauma and cognitive decline. Frontiers in Neurology, 10, 1-9.
- Schunn, C.D. (2019). What should cognitive science look like? Neither a tree nor physics. Topics in Cognitive Science, 1-8.
Copyright 2015 Learning Research & Development Center | University of Pittsburgh | All rights reserved