in the news ►
Read the Latest IFL “Bridges to Learning” Article
in the news ►
Two LRDC Researchers Join the Mindset Scholars Network
in the news ►
Envisioning the Future...
Reading & Language Group (RLG) Talk
10:00 AM - 11:30AM, LRDC 9th Floor
Regina Calloway, Graduate Student with Charles Perfetti, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Psychology, presents "Why Do You Read? The Influence of Internal and External Reading Goals on Reading Comprehension."
Psychology Department Colloquium
3:00 PM, 4127 Sennott Square, Martin Room
Martha J. Farah, University of Pennsylvania, presents "Socioeconomic Status and Brain Development: From Science to Policy."
Pitt Ed Administration & Policy Studies
► More Talks
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm, 5604 Posvar Hall (WWPH)
Megan Andrews, Behavioral and Social Scientist, RAND Corporation, presents "Peer Influence in an Era of School Choice: mean, Variance, and Network Effects"
- Degol, J. L., Wang, M. T., Zhang, Y., & Allerton, J. (2018). Do growth mindsets in math benefit females? Identifying pathways between gender, mindset, and motivation. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 47(5), 976-990.
- Tokowicz, N. (2018). The critical roles of errors and individual differences in bilingual translation. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition, 21(4).
- Meigh, K., Shaiman, S., Tompkins, C., Verdolini Abbott, K., & Nokes-Malach, T. (2018). What memory representation is acquired during nonword speech production learning? The influence of stimulus features and training modality on nonword encoding. Cogent Psychology, 5, 1-24.
- James, A., Fraundorf, S., Lee, E., & Watson, D. (2018). Individual differences in syntactic processing: Is there evidence for reader-text interactions? Journal of Memory and Language, 102, 155-181.
- Schunn, C. et al. (2018). Adaptability of the US Engineering and Technical Workforce: Proceedings of a Workshop. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.
- Kersey, A., Braham, E., Csumsitta, K., Libertus, M., & Cantlon, J. (2018). No intrinsic gender differences in children's earliest numerical abilities. Science of Learning, 3(12).
- Luo, W., Liu, F., Liu, Z., & Litman, D. (2018). A novel ILP framework for summarizing content with high lexical variety. Natural Language Engineering, 1-32.
- Helder, A., Perfetti, C. A., van den Broek, P., Stafura, J. Z., & Calloway, R. C. (2018). ERP indicators of local and global text influences on word-to-text integration. Language, Cognition and Neuroscience, 33(8).
- Rahimi, Z., Litman, D., & Paletz, S. (2018). Acoustic-prosodic entrainment in multi-party spoken dialogues: Does simple averaging extend existing pair measures properly? Advanced Social Interaction with Agents: 8th International Workshop on Spoken Dialog Systems, 510, 169 – 177.
- Song, K., & Cho, B-Y. (2018). Exploring bilingual adolescents' translanguaging strategies during online reading. International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, 21(5).
- Mandala, M., Schunn, C., Dow, S., Goldberg, M., & Pearlman, J. (2018). Uncovering the practices, challenges, and incentives for engineering design faculty. International Journal of Engineering Education, 34(4), 1314–1324.
- Dorph, R., & Schunn, C. D. (2018). Positioning youth for persistent success in jewish learning and living. Activating jewish learners. (pp. 8-24). Retrieved from http://www.lrdc.pitt.edu/schunn/papers/DorphSchunn-JLA-2018.pdf
- Coutanche, M. N. & Koch, G. E. (2018). Creatures great and small: Real-world size of animals predicts visual cortex representations beyond taxonomic category. NeuroImage, 183, 627-634.
- Schneider, W. et al. (2018). A preliminary high-definition fiber tracking study of the executive control network in blast-induced traumatic brain injury. Journal of Neurotrauma.
- Schneider, W. et al. (2018). Improvement in sleep disturbances after targeted intervention in chronic traumatic brain injury: A Team-TBI study. The 3rd Joint Symposium of the International and National Neurotrauma Societies and AANS/CNS Section on Neurotrauma and Critical Care. pp. A-80. Toronto, Canada.
- Baikadi, A., Demmans Epp, C., & Schunn, C. (2018). Participating by activity or by week in MOOCs. Information and Learning Science.
- Meuris, J. & Leana, C. (2018). The price of financial precarity: Organizational costs of employee financial concerns. Organization Science, 29(3), 398-417.
- Leana, C., Meuris, J. & Lamberton, C. (2018). More than a feeling: The role of empathetic care in promoting patient safety and worker attachment in healthcare. Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 71(2), 394-425.
- Stiehl, E., Kossek & Leana, C. (2018). A multi-level model of care flow: Examining the generation and spread of care in organizations. Organizational Psychology Review, 8(1), 31-69.
- Heyd-Metzuyanim, E., Smith, M., Bill, V., & Resnick, L. B. (2018). From ritual to explorative participation in discourse-rich instructional practices: A case study of teacher learning through professional development. Educational Studies in Mathematics, 99, 1-17.
- Rice, C., Beekhuizen, B., Dubrovsky, V., Stevenson, S., & Armstrong, B. C. (2018). A comparison of homonym meaning frequency estimates derived from movie and television subtitles, free association, and explicit ratings. Behavior Research Methods, 50, 1-27.
- Clarke, S. N., Resnick, L. B., & Rosé, C. P. (2018). Discourse analytics for classroom learning. Learning Analytics in Education, 139-153.
- Betancur, L., Vortuba-Drzal, E., & Schunn, C. (2018). Socioeconomic gaps in science achievement. International Journal of STEM Education 5(38), 1-25.
- Hanson, J. L., Gilmore, A., Holmes, C. J., Yu, T., Barton, A. W., Beach, S. R., Galván, A., MacKillop, J., Windle, M., Chen, E., Miller, G. E., Sweet, L. H., & Brody, G. H. (2018). A family-focused intervention influences hippocampal-prefrontal connectivity through gains in self-regulation. Child Development, 1-13.
- McKenney, S. & Schunn, C. D. (2018). How can educational research support practice at scale? Attending to educational designer needs. British Educational Research Journal, 1-17.
Copyright 2015 Learning Research & Development Center | University of Pittsburgh | All rights reserved