in the news ►
in the news ►
The Need to Combat a False Growth Mindset
in the news ►
How A Facebook Post Sparked an Anti-racist Book Drive
dB-SERC Lunch Discussion
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM; Online
Danielle Andrews-Brown will share information about her course transformation on the development of goal-based scenarios to enhance the communication and collaborative decision-making skills for environmental professionals.
ISP AI Forum
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM; Online
Steven Small, Dean, Margareta Møller Distinguished Professor, UT Dallas School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences, presents "Neurobiology of Language." Harry Hochheiser, Associate Professor, Department of Biomedical Informatics and Director, Biomedical Informatics Training Program, University of Pittsburgh, presents "Clinician-Focused Machine Learning."
Engaged Scholarship Development Initiative
► More Talks
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM; Online
Ethical, Anti-Racist, and Decolonial Approaches to Engaged Scholarship
- Leyva, D., Von Suchodoletz, A., Doering, E., Shroff, D., Hinojo, A., & Kartner, J. (2021). Maternal book-sharing styles and goals and children’s verbal contributions in three communities. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 54, 228-238.
- Betancur, L., Maldonado-Carreno, C., Votruba-Drzal, E., & Bernal. R. (2021). "Measuring preschool quality in low- and middle-income countries: Validity of the ECERS-R in Colombia."Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 54, 86-98.
- Morett, L. M., Roche, J. M., Fraundorf, S. H., & McPartland, J. C. (2020). Contrast is in the eye of the beholder: Infelicitous beat gesture increases cognitive load during online spoken discourse comprehension.Cognitive Science, e12912.
- Correnti, R., Matsumura, L.C., Wang, E., Litman, D., Rahimi, Z., & Kisa, Z. (2020). Automated Scoring of Students Use of Text Evidence in Writing. Reading Research Quarterly, 55(3).
- Kruzik, C., Coley, R.L., & Votruba-Drzal, E. (2020). Do family investments explain growing socioeconomic disparities in children’s reading, math, and science achievement during school versus summer months. Journal of Educational Psychology.
- Henry, D. A., Betancur, L. & Votruba-Drzal, E. (2020). Black-White Achievement Gaps Differ by Family Socioeconomic Status from Early Childhood through Adolescence. Journal of Educational Psychology.
- Yurekli, B., Stein, M., Correnti, R., & Kisa, Z. (2020). Teaching Mathematics for Conceptual Understanding: Teachers' Beliefs and Practices and the Role of Constraints. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 51(2), 234-247.
- Kalender, Z. Y., Marshman, E., Schunn, C. D., Nokes-Malach, T. J., & Singh, C. (2020). Damage caused by women's lower self-efficacy on physics learning. Physical Review Physics Education Research.
- Galey, J. L., Eagle, S. R., Blaney, N. A., Holland, C. L., Bitzer, H. B., Schneider, W., et. al. (2020). Effect of patient compliance with treatment recommendations on clinical outcomes in chronic mTBI: A TEAM-TBI study. Military Medicine.
- Miele, D.B., Nokes-Malach, T. J., & May, S. (2020). Motivation and the processing of multiple inputs. In P. V. Meter, A. List, D. Lombardi, & P. Kendeou (Eds.), Handbook of Learning from Multiple Representations and Perspectives. Rutledge.
- Guan, C. Q., Fraundorf, S. H., & Perfetti, C, A. (2020). Character and child factors contribute to character recognition development among good and poor Chinese readers from grade 1 to 6. Annals of Dyslexia.
- Chen, G., Zhang, J., Chan, C.K., Michaels, S., Resnick, L.B., & Huang, X. (2020). The link between student-perceived teacher talk and student enjoyment, anxiety and discursive engagement in the classroom. British Educational Research Journal.
- Afflerbach, P., Hurt, M., & Cho, B. (2020). Reading Comprehension Strategy Instruction. In Handbook of Strategies and Strategic Processing. Routledge.
- Cho, B., Kucan, L., & Rainey, E. (2020). Students' Perspectives Learning in a Disciplinary Multisource Task Environment. In Handbook of Learning from Multiple Representations and Perspectives. Routledge Taylor and Francis Group.
- Cho, B., Woodward, L., & Afflerbach, P. (2020). Qualitative Approaches to the Verbal Protocol Analysis of Strategic Processing. In Handbook of Strategies and Strategic Processing. Routledge.
- Rottman, B.M., Wyatt, G., Crane, T.E. & Sikorskii. (2020). Expectancy and utilisation of reflexology among women with advanced breast cancer. Applied Psychology: Health and Well-Being.
- Guan, C. Q., & Fraundorf, S. H. (2020). Cross-linguistic word recognition development among Chinese children: A multilevel linear mixed-effects modeling approach. Frontiers in Psychology, 11, 544.
- Vincent-Ruz, P., Meyer, T., Roe, S.G. & Schunn, C.D. (2020). Short-Term and Long-Term Effects of POGIL in a Large-Enrollment General Chemistry Course. Journal of Chemical Education.
- Bodnar, K., Hofkens, T.L., Wang, M. & Schunn, C.D. (2020). Science identity predicts science career aspiration across gender and race, but especially for white boys. International Journal of Gender, Science and Technology, 12(1), 32-45.
- Albert, W.D., Hanson, J.L., Skinner, A.T., Dodge, K.A., Steinberg, L., Deater-Deckard, K., Bornstein, M.H.,& Lansford, J.E. (2020). Individual differences in executive function partially explain the socioeconomic gradient in middle-school academic achievement. Developmental Science.
- Juffs, A. (2020). Aspects of Language Development in an Intensive English Program. Routledge.
- Yazgan, I., Hanson, J. L., Bates, J. E., Lansford, J. E., Pettit, G. S., & Dodge, K. A. (2020). Cumulative early childhood adversity and later antisocial behavior: The mediating role of passive avoidance. Development and Psychopathology.
- Bhide, A., Ortega-Llebaria, M., Fraundorf, S.H., & Perfetti, C.A. (2020). The contribution of orthographic input, phonological skills, and rise time discrimination to the learning of non-native phonemic contrasts. Applied Psycholinguistics.
- Olshefski, C., Lugini, L., Singh, R., Litman, D., & Godley, A. (2020). The discussion tracker corpus of collaborative argumentation.
- Tekkumru-Kisa, M., Stein, M.K. & Doyle, W. (2020). Theory and research on tasks revisited: Task as a context for students' thinking in the era of ambitious reforms in mathematics and science. Educational Researcher.
Copyright 2015 Learning Research & Development Center | University of Pittsburgh | All rights reserved