in the news ►
in the news ►
Artificial Intelligence Meets Real Friendship: College Students are Bonding with Robots
in the news ►
Student Belonging Exercise Erases Achievement Gaps in Biology, Physics Courses
Neuroscience Institute Speaker Series
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM; Online
Yael Niv, Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience, Princeton Neuroscience Institute, presents "Latent Causes, Prediction Errors, and the Organization of Memory."
NSF Career Webinar
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM; Online
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) invites Assistant Professors to participate in a workshop series designed for faculty interested in learning more about the NSF CAREER program. Session 1: CAREER 101 “Beyond the solicitation.”
Psychology Department Townhall
► More Talks
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM; Online
Julie Fiez will discuss progress on DEI initiatives within the department.
- Leyva, D., Von Suchodoletz, A., Doering, E., Shroff, D., Hinojo, A., & Kartner, J. (2021). Maternal book-sharing styles and goals and children’s verbal contributions in three communities. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 54, 228-238.
- John-Henderson, N.A., Wright, R.C., Manke, K.J.,& Fotuhi, O., Zuckerman, B., Nally, L., & Mueller, C.M. (2021). The influence of health mindset on perceptions of illness and behaviors among adolescentsInternational Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 28(1)
- Ashley, K., Litman, D., He, D., Hwa, R., & Anderson, J. (2021). Center for text analytic methods in legal studies. In: Pitt Momentum Fund 2021.
- Krieger, D., Shepard, P., Soose, R., Puccio, A.M., Beers, S., Schneider, W., Kontos, A.P., Collins, M.W., & Okonkwo, D.O. (2021). Symptom-dependent changes in MEG-derived neuroelectric brain activity in traumatic brain injury patients with chronic symptoms. Medical Sciences, 9(20),1-30.
- Del Toro, J. & Wang, M.T. (2021). Longitudinal inter-relations between school cultural socialization and school engagement: The mediating role of school climate.Learning and Instruction, 75.
- Leyva, D., Molina, D.C., Suárez, C., Tamis-LeMonda, C.S., & Yoshikawa, H. (2021). Mother-child reminiscing and first-graders’ emotion competence in a low-income and ethnically diverse sample.Journal of Cognition and Development, 22(1).
- Norberg, K.A. & Fraundorf, S.H. (2021). Memory benefits from contrastive focus truly require focus: Evidence from clefts and connectives.Language, Cognition and Neuroscience, 36(3).
- Ren, X., & Coutanche, M.N. (2021). Sleep reduces the semantic coherence of memory recall: An application of latent semantic analysis to investigate memory reconstruction. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review.
- Keele, L., Lenard, M. & Page, L. (2021). Matching methods for clustered observational studies in education. Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness.
- Guzman-Alvarez, A. & Page, L.C. (2021). Disproportionate burden: Estimating the cost of PAFSA verification for public colleges and universities. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis.
- Del Toro, J. & Wang, M.T. (2021). Longitudinal inter-relations between school cultural socialization and school engagement: The mediating role of school climate. Learning and Instruction, 75.
- Stein, M.K., Russell, J.L., Bill, V., Correnti, R., & Speranzo, L. (2021). Coach learning to help teachers learn to enact conceptually rich, student-focused mathematics lessons. Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education.
- Blatt, L. & Votruba-Drzal, E.(2021). District-level school choice and racial/ethnic test score gaps. American Educational Research Journal.
- Guzman-Alvarez, A. & Page, L.C.(2021). Disproportionate burden: Estimating the cost of FAFSA verification for public colleges and universities. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis.
- Wang, M.T., Scanlon, C.L., Hua, M., & Del Toro, J. (2021). Safely social: Promoting and sustaining adolescent engagement in social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Adolescent Health.
- Badea, C., Binning, K.R., Sherman, D.K., Boza, M., & Kende, A. (2021). Conformity to group norms: How group-affirmation shapes collective action. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 95.
- Kramer II, D.A., Lamb, C.J., & Page, L.C. (2021). The effects of default choice on student loan borrowing: Experimental evidence from a public research university. (EdWorkingPaper: 21-382). Retrieved from Annenberg Institute at Brown University.
- Betancur, L., Maldonado-Carreño, C., Votruba-Drzal, E. & Bernal, R. (2021). Measuring preschool quality in low- and middle-income countries: Validity of the ECERS-R in Colombia. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 54(1), 86-98.
- Coley, R.L., Spielvogel, B., Kruzik, C., Miller, P., Betancur, L., & Votruba-Drzal, E. (2021). Explaining income disparities in young children’s development: The role of community contexts and family processes. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 55, 295 – 311.
- Wang, M.T., Binning, K.R., Del Toro, J., Qin, X., & Zepeda, C.D. (2021). Skill, thrill, and will: The role of metacognition, interest, and self-control in predicting student engagement in mathematics learning over time. Child Development, 92 (1).
- Palacios-Barrios, E. E., Hanson, J. L., Barry, K. R., Albert, D., White, S. F., Skinner, A. T., & Lansford, J. E. (2021). Lower neural value signaling in the prefrontal cortex is related to childhood family income and depressive symptomatology during adolescence. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, 48.
- Leyva, D., Weiland, C., Shapiro, A., Yeomans-Maldonado, G., & Febles, A. (2021). A Strengths-Based, Culturally Responsive Family Intervention Improves Latino Kindergarteners’ Vocabulary and Approaches to Learning. (EdWorkingPaper: 21-349). Retrieved from Annenberg Institute at Brown University.
- Morett, L. M., Fraundorf, S. H., & McPartland, J. C. (2021). Eye see what you're saying: Contrastive use of beat gesture and pitch accent affects online interpretation of spoken discourse. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition.
- Xiong, Y. & Schunn, C.D. (2021). Reviewer, essay, and review process characteristics that predict errors in web-based peer review. Computers & Education.
- Leyva, D., Weiland, C., Shapiro, A., Yeomans-Maldonado, G., & Febles, A. (2021). A strengths-based, culturally responsive family intervention improves latino kindergarteners’ vocabulary and approaches to learning. (EdWorkingPaper: 21-349). Retrieved from Annenberg Institute at Brown University.
Copyright 2020 Learning Research & Development Center | University of Pittsburgh | All rights reserved